Sunday, June 9, 2013

A New Challenge

Let's be honest... our health and wellness has pretty much gone in the toilet these past few months. Work has been crazy, we moved to another city, Stew has been taking tons of classes as part of his Officer Development Academy, and my knee still hurts. But I think we're finally settling back into regular life again.

Super duper exciting: I finally signed up for organic produce delivery, and our first box arrived last week! Having fresh fruits and veggies delivered right to our doorstep every Thursday is seriously going to change my life (and shopping habits).


AND, call me crazy, but I decided to join Raven and the gang to try out the Advocare 10 Day Cleanse. You know how I love jumping on band wagons... Remember when I was thinking about becoming a vegetarian? Yeah, that didn't happen (shocker). And I know I've tried weird cleanses before, but this one seems pretty legit and healthy. And I've convinced my friend Jessica to do it with me, so I'll have a buddy along for the ride.


Don't worry, this isn't one of those crazy, only-drink-lemonade-with-cayenne-pepper-and-honey-for-30-days (gut bomb) situations. Instead, it's basically taking a ton of supplements while eliminating sugar, caffeine, processed foods, and alcohol from my diet. So no biggie... that's really how we should be eating all the time, anyway.

Hello fruits, veggies, lean meats, fiber, & lotsandlots of water... I've missed you!

Stewart is going to make so much fun of me when he finds out what I've signed up for, but this is totally different than diet pills or a quick fix... it's basically a digestive system restart that will allow my body to process foods more efficiently in the future. Or at least that's the goal. Who knows, maybe it will even cure my IBS... We'll see!
I start tomorrow... wish me luck!

7 comments :

  1. Make sure to post along the way about it! I love hearing about things like this. I am a vegetarian for 10 years now so I can't do thinks with meat obviously but the last few months I've really gone on a health kick. No sweets, no crap, and running 5 miles a day. Only now it's 110 outside and my knee (saw it happened to you) has been acting up so I think I need to slow it down a bit.

    Anyway!!

    Good luck and let me know how it goes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is how my mom eats but without supplements. It's made a huge difference in her life but it's definitely not easy. I hope you love it! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh i gotta know how this turns out!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with it! I hope it goes well as is not too difficult to adapt to. I am on a healthy eating kick to give me more energy and generally make me feel a bit better.

    Molly @ The Move to America

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Molly... it's going really well so far and isn't difficult at all. But we'll see how I feel in a week! ;-)

      Delete
  5. Good luck with the cleanse!

    xoxo, your Seattle blog friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm the same way! I was just on a Mediterranean diet kick (vegetarian style) and wanted to drink a glass of red wine every night! But wine is expensive n sometimes I have to drive lol! Then I'll start planning meals n cooking all week but the next week I'm burnt out n we eat pizza all week, lol! I just downloaded the yoga studio app, it's free n I love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, Goose!