Friday, April 26, 2013

Jersey Boys for the Birthday Boy

Stewart was super excited when he found out that Jersey Boys was coming to the 5th Avenue Theatre in Seattle, and we got tickets immediately.

Months and months later, the day of the show (and Stew's birthday), I woke up bright and early to get ready for the day... I wanted to pick a cute outfit for the show after work, and I needed to set out a few birthday surprises for Stew. And as I finished up my makeup and prepared to head out with just a few minutes to spare I realized... eeek! The tickets!

Like I said, we bought them months and months ago. But I had been careful to keep the tickets in a specific drawer at our condo. And on the weekend of the BIG MOVE, I carefully transported them to the new house via the safety of my purse. And when we set up a temporary office upstairs while we were waiting to install bookshelves in the den, I carefully placed them on a shelf in that room. But then we moved the temporary office back downstairs. And somehow... somehow... yes... I lost track of the tickets. Eyeyeye...

So picture me, in the den, at 7:00 on a Thursday morning, frantically tearing open and dumping out banker boxes filled with files and miscellaneous office supplies. Freaking out, obvi.

Twenty minutes later I found the tickets, on the same shelf where I had put them originally. (Yes, it's the first place that I checked, but the tickets had gotten buried under some medical bills). But I digress.

Tickets safely in hand, we headed over to the theater following a yummy birthday dinner at Rock Bottom. The show was fantastic! Jersey Boys is the story of Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons and their rise to the heights of stardom in the '60s. I'm sure you're familiar with songs like "Sherry," "Big Girls Don't Cry," and "Can't Take My Eyes Off You" (which for me brought back fond memories of Heath Ledger in 10 Things I Hate About You). And if you've ever been on a car trip with Stew, you've inevitably been treated to an extremely loud, singalong version of "Oh What A Night."

Who knew these guys had so many hits?! I knew almost every song! Surprising, since when I looked up at intermission we were actually the only people under age 50 in the entire theater. Jersey Boys is a fantastic show though, and I'd recommend it for anyone. Check it out if you can!

I think Stew had a really fun birthday evening, and we've got some more festivities planned for this weekend. What are you up to?

3 comments :

  1. what a sweet present you got for your husband. i hope you don't mind but i laughed a bit at the thought of you frantically searching the house for the tickets, why because that is something i would do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jersey Boys sounds great! I haven't had a chance to see it yet though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw it last time it was at the 5th Ave and LOVED it!!! Glad you found the tickets and had such a good time at the show! Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, Goose!