Friday, February 15, 2013

Breakfast Club: Bay Cafe

This month Breakfast Club with my girlfriends was slightly rescheduled because poor Heather was headed out on vacation to Hawaii, so instead of meeting downtown we decided to try Bay Cafe at Fishermans' Terminal near her house in Magnolia.

Heather described Bay Cafe as a "greasy spoon diner" but I don't think it really falls into that category... it was pretty cute! By the time we arrived at 7:00 there were quite a few people already seated and enjoying breakfast (seemed to be mostly an older, retired type crowd). Our waitress was super duper cheerful and friendly considering the early hour, and she brought us much-needed coffee right away.

Fishermen have been enjoying large portions here since 1988, and we certainly experienced our fair share. I decided to splurge and order the sausage eggs benedict because it's one of my favorites, and it came with my favorite kind of hashbrowns on the side. I only ended up eating about half of everything but it was really delicious!



Considering what I ate for lunch later that day, I think February 14th will go down as one of my more epic healthy lifestyle fails. Although I have worked out pretty hard the last five days in a row, so maybe it'll end up being a wash (sends prayer to the gods).

Did you do anything special for Valentine's Day yesterday?

4 comments :

  1. Yum! I've only been there for lunch, never breakfast so I will have to head there and try it out! I absolutely love that you do a breakfast club with your friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds and looks fantastic! And what you eat on Valentine's Day doesn't count! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing too special, I just made IC his favourite dinner and that was it!

    The diner looks super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yay! I've passed this place so many times but have never been! Definitely hope to try it someday soon! Those hash-browns look heavenly right about now!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, Goose!