Thursday, December 13, 2012

Book Review: Secrets of a Shoe Addict

This book has been sitting on my shelf for a while... I think since last December when my grandma gave it to me as a gift. She knows that I love shoes, so she bought it for me based on the title alone. It was definitely bubblegum chick lit, but I really enjoyed Secrets of a Shoe Addict by Beth Harbison. Sometimes it's nice to just read a silly, simple story for mindless entertainment purposes and nothing else.

The story begins by outlining the ridiculous predicaments that three housewives have gotten themselves into during a Vegas vacation gone wrong. Tiffany is up to her eyeballs in credit card debt from a crazy shopping spree, Abbey the minister's wife is being blackmailed by someone from her secret sordid past, and Loreen is caught up in a big, stupid misunderstanding after accidentally hiring a male prostitute. The story continues to follow the women as they bond over their shared troubles and the extreme and hilarious measures they go to in order to remedy them.

I really enjoyed how this book combined romance, kids, revenge, affairs, comedy, and most of all friendship. It was an easy page turner and although there's nothing amazing about the author's writing style or the plot in general, it was nice to read a book I could just escape into for a while. Secrets of a Shoe Addict is actually a loose sequel to the author's other book, Shoe Addicts Anonymous, which I went ahead and put on my Christmas list for Grandma this year. Because sometimes a girl just needs a little chick lit.

2 comments :

  1. I'll add it to my list! Also - are you a member of Good Reads?

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Because sometimes a ho just needz a lil chick lit." Haha ok I need to stop Gizoogling everything.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, Goose!