Friday, November 9, 2012

Glass Garden Dinner Party

Our event took place in this amazing space.
My company is celebrating a very important anniversary this year, and to celebrate we all attended an amazing event last night at Chihuly Garden and Glass in the Seattle Center. This amazing exhibition explores the inspiration and influences of Northwest glass artist Dale Chihuly. It features a comprehensive selection of his work including both indoor and outdoor spaces, and a new Glasshouse.

"I want people to be overwhelmed with light and color in a way they have never experienced." ~ Dale Chihuly
Our event began with time for a social hour and viewing of the exhibit. I was completely overwhelmed by the elaborate installations that flow onto floors, walls, ceilings and the outdoors. The shapes and colors were simply breathtaking!














Afterward we had a delicious seated dinner followed by a program and additional social time.

The menu, which I helped select, was melt-in-your-mouth amazing. It started with a garden salad followed by Roasted Delicata Squash Soup which was probably the best soup I've ever had in my life. So rich, creamy and delicious, I can still taste it... My entree was Sundried Tomato and Goat Cheese Ravioli with rainbow chard, Pistachio brown butter and grilled bread, and Stew had the Double R Ranch Waygu Style Beef Filet in red wine butter (actually he had two, because the person who was supposed to sit next to me didn't show up!) We were in heaven. Dessert was Strawberry Rhubarb Croustade with marscarpone cream.

Seriously, if you ever get the chance to eat here, do it. I hear the food in the Cafe is equally amazing.

It was a wonderful evening of celebration and I only wish it could have lasted a little longer... and that we both didn't have to work the next morning!

2 comments :

  1. People are so talented! Love the artwork!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. How awesome. I love Chihuly - Joe and I need to visit this the next time we are in Seattle.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, Goose!