Thursday, September 20, 2012

BURN

Last night Stew and I saw BURN - One Year on the Front Lines of the Battle to Save Detroit, and if you have the opportunity I highly recommend checking it out. The film is a feature documentary about Detroit, told through the eyes of Detroit firefighters, who are charged with the thankless task of saving a city that many have written off as dead. I thought this was a very well done documentary, and I was absolutely fascinated by the history of the city and the personal stories of the firefighters who work there. It was also fun to finally see a movie in the little theater in Lower Queen Anne that I've always wondered about... it's actually pretty nice!

Here's the trailer to give you a sneak peek of the film:



As I understand it, proceeds go toward a major commercial release of the film, as well as providing Detroit firefighters with equipment that they desperately need. For more info visit : http://detroitfirefilm.org

No comments :

Post a Comment

Talk to me, Goose!