Monday, July 23, 2012

Date Night

My best friend Crystal and I are both extremely busy, so we often make plans far in advance just to make sure we have the opportunity for some quality time here and there. This Saturday we had a date night planned and I was really looking forward to it.

We met up and drove to Kirkland where we strolled over to Milagro Cantina to have dinner. We ordered a couple delicious drinks from the bar while we waited for about ten minutes for our table on the patio to be ready. Once seated, we finished our drinks and chit chatted while we waited for the server. It wasn't until about 20 minutes later that we noticed no one had greeted us, brought us water, or acknowledged our presence in any way. We waited about 10 more minutes until we were done with our drinks and then walked out of the restaurant, alerting the hostess to the atrocious lack of service on the way out. We will not be returning to Milagro Cantina any time soon.

Instead, we wandered through the Kirkland Uncorked festival until we decided that we definitely still wanted Mexican food, so we hit a tried and true restaurant, Cactus. If you've never tried the Navajo Fry Bread at Cactus, do so immediately. It comes with honey for dipping and it's absolutely incredible. I had the Butternut Squash Enchiladas which went along fairly well with my new lifestyle, as well as a yummy mojito. The service was great as per usual.

After dinner we grabbed some froyo from Cefiore and walked down to the edge of the lake to eat it. Sitting with a girlfriend on a beautiful evening at the edge of a gorgeous lake while eating frozen yogurt and gossiping is just about the best Saturday night I could ever ask for. We also wandered down the docks to look at the boats (and gawk at the wasted boaters) until it got chilly enough to head back.

We weren't quite ready to head home yet, so we stopped at Lot No. 3 in Bellevue for a drink. Here is a lovely quote from the front of the drink menu:

"There cannot be good living,
where there is not good drinking."
-Benjamin Franklin

I decided to be adventurous and order a special house cocktail. I can't remember what it was called or what liquor was in it, but it had a cucumber flavor combined with bitters which I wasn't really a fan of. Next time I'll stick to my usual.

We were stuffed and exhausted by the time we called it a night, but it was such a lovely evening and I'm so glad we found the time to catch up. Crys is moving to Roseburg, OR next month and I won't see her nearly as often so I need to squeeze in as much quality time as I can get with her!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Talk to me, Goose!