Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Tale As Old As Time...

The 1980s and '90s brought us some of the best Disney entertainment of a generation, including The Little Mermaid, Aladdin, The Lion King and my personal favorite, Beauty and the Beast. So of course when I heard the Broadway show was coming to Seattle I immediately got tickets. I absolutely adore this classic fairy tale and I have the fondest memories of watching it on VHS videocassette as a child.

Sitting in Seattle's Paramount Theatre with Stewart I seriously got chills as the lights dimmed and the orchestra began playing the familiar music. Unfortunately our tickets weren't nearly as good as our seats at the 5th Ave and I could hardly see anything with my poor eyesight from our third mezzanine location, but I really didn't care. The story and the music swept me away just like when I was a seven-year-old wishful princess. Sigh.

It's such a wonderful, exciting, sweet and incredibly romantic story. The stage show was incredibly well casted and the castle inhabitants like Lumière, Cogsworth and Mrs. Potts were just as endearing as ever. Gaston was particularly entertaining and Belle and the Beast were wonderful together, especially in the famous "Beauty & the Beast" dance / love scene.

This show is completely entertaining with it's lovable characters and wonderful message: that beauty is found within. I'd say that it's probably my favorite show we've seen so far, and Stewart agreed he'd rank it right up there with Aladdin. I believe Beauty and the Beast is still currently playing in 3D movie theaters... I must try to get tickets!

1 comment :

  1. I want to see this!!! Wish Dustin and I could go out once in a while, we really need a sitter, i love the theater!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, Goose!