Thursday, February 16, 2012

Oklahoma!

This week we attended our second play since becoming subscribers to the 5th Avenue Theatre: Rodgers & Hammerstein's Oklahoma!

Besides knowing the chorus of this show's famous song, I wasn't familiar with the story line at all, but I always enjoy a good musical production so of course I was excited. Set in Oklahoma Territory in 1906,  it tells the story of cowboy Curly McLain and his romance with farm girl Laurey Williams.

There were some very cute song and dance numbers and a lot of funny little bits, but overall I wouldn't say that Oklahoma! has been our favorite show so far. We didn't dislike the show by any means, but we also didn't walk away twirling and singing (some other shows really jazz me up!) Stew has decided that Rodgers & Hammerstein just might not be his thing. But luckily, next up on our list is a Disney production! More on that soon...

No comments :

Post a Comment

Talk to me, Goose!